Friday, December 21, 2012

The End of the World as We Know It

Tonight may just be the end. I don't personally believe it is, but some do. It makes me think. What do i do at the end of the world? How have I lived my life? If this is not the end, what can I do to make my life better before the end finally does come?

Last night, I went with my mother to watch my younger sister's high school dance recital. It was a wonderful thing; a beautiful mix of older styles and contemporary forms with many different musical pieces. Among the highlights were pieces such as a traditional chinese dance inspired by happy floating clouds, a contemporary set about attempting to fit into the "corporate" structure and breaking out of it titled "The Machine", a beautiful dance about temptaion inspiried by the tarot card 7 of Cups (!), and my sister's group dance about the joys of being joyful. It was great, but what made it truly great was that I was able to spend time with my family at what could have been the end of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like this post or episode, please don't forget to subscribe via rss.

Search This Blog